Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Streaming issues with Orbi

bboyd34
Tutor

Streaming issues with Orbi

I have an ORBI router and satellite. Works great for the most part. However, two issues that creep up are streaming for Netflix and Amazon and some lag issues with my son's xbox. The router is upstairs next to my son's room and the TV is downstairs not too far from the Satellite. Streaming to the TV seems to happen quite a bit. Download & Upload speeds are good. Any suggestions/recommendations?

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
st_shaw
Master

You said your TV is near the satellite.  Wire the TV if you can.  I have my TVs wired. I wire everything I possibly can and reserve WiFi for devices that cannot be wired. Wired always works best. 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8

All Replies
martyfp
Luminary

What issues do you have with streaming ?  Does it not work at all or is it slow/breaking-up ?

Message 2 of 8
bboyd34
Tutor

It works but in watching a show or movie there will be times (sometimes serveral times) where it will buffer and take time before it starts playing again. 

Message 3 of 8
MarkC1024
Luminary

Are you streaming via the TV's WiFi ?  I had similar issues until I started running Netflix via my Xfinity box instead.  I think most TV's have very poor WiFi chipsets.

Message 4 of 8
st_shaw
Master

You said your TV is near the satellite.  Wire the TV if you can.  I have my TVs wired. I wire everything I possibly can and reserve WiFi for devices that cannot be wired. Wired always works best. 

Message 5 of 8
bboyd34
Tutor

Dang so obvious I'm ticked I didn't think of it. I was thinking you could only wire to Router for some reason. I'll try that, thanks!!!

Message 6 of 8
Splunge1
Aspirant

I have the same issue, and I am directly wired to the router. Every time I play a YouTube video or stream netflix, the video starts for a few seconds, then pauses while it buffers. Every time. This is really annoying and didn't happen with my old router. Help!

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 7 of 8
AzJazz
Apprentice

@Splunge1 - You may want to see my post: Here. Let me know if it works!

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7