Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Streaming radio (in iTunes) interrups since using Orbi

Streaming radio (in iTunes) interrups since using Orbi

Previously used the NightHawk R7000, no isseus with streaming radio stations (iTunes -> open stream) from my MBP (Wireless) on my Logitech UA Speaker (Wired).

Since using the Orbi RBK53 the streaming interrups frequently (it lasts for about 1 sec then continues). Can't pin it down when exactly.

One thing I noticed, when I open the interface of the Orbi Router in safari it happens a lote more. For example, each time I open the attached devices page it happens at least one time.

Anybody an idea what this could be?

*When I output the sound to my MBP everything is fine, so it is not the stream itself that interrups.

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions

Allright ..... well some new development here, hahaha.

I got this device from a friend (about 2-3 years ago), because he wanted to use it wireless and it was buggy as hell........

So I connected it with a cable and it worked flaweless. Until I got the Orbi.

But I thought well......it can't hurt to connect it wireless so I gave it a try. At the moment it is playing for about 2-3 hours and it didn't drop the connection a single time, hahahahaha

I leave it that way, problem is solved for me, just sharing my 2 cents.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Have you checked on Logitech community to see if that speaker is having issues with mesh systems?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 8

Did some searching but nothing.

But anyway, it's connected by ethernet cable so how is that related to mesh systems?

Message 3 of 8
st_shaw
Master

Please post a web link to information on "Logitech UA Speaker"  A google search turns up nothing about this device.

You say the speaker is wired? How is it wired? In other words, what interface is used, 3.5 mm, Ethernet, USB, etc?  What is the speaker wired to--your Orbi router, satellite, a switch, your MBP, etc?

Where is the stream located--is it on your LAN, on the Internet, etc?

Message 4 of 8

That's because I made a typo, sorry! It's UE speaker and it is a rather old one (but never had any problems with it).

The speaker has an ethernet port and is connected to a Netgear ProSafe GS105E, the switch is connected to the RBR50. All Cat5e kabels. The MBP connects Wireless to the RBR50. At least that is what the RBR50 reports but as mentioned in another thread I can't be sure because the Attached Devices list doesn't work properly.

Ik had the same setup with a Nighthawk r7000. Speaker -> Switch -> RBR50 and MBP wireless and never had disconnects.

Message 5 of 8

Allright ..... well some new development here, hahaha.

I got this device from a friend (about 2-3 years ago), because he wanted to use it wireless and it was buggy as hell........

So I connected it with a cable and it worked flaweless. Until I got the Orbi.

But I thought well......it can't hurt to connect it wireless so I gave it a try. At the moment it is playing for about 2-3 hours and it didn't drop the connection a single time, hahahahaha

I leave it that way, problem is solved for me, just sharing my 2 cents.

Message 6 of 8
st_shaw
Master

I'm glad you got it working. I figured it might be the UE model.  It's still strange that it won't work wired.

Message 7 of 8

@st_shaw wrote:

I'm glad you got it working. I figured it might be the UE model.  It's still strange that it won't work wired.

This is the first time something works better on WiFi then on Ethernet.....hahaha and my friend gave it to me because it was buggy when he wanted to use it on WiFi.....so I think that thing is just buggy......not worth the trouble giving it any more thought 😉

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7