Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Suggestion for additional "Getting Started" documentation

frankhfrom0Z
Tutor

Suggestion for additional "Getting Started" documentation

Mu mimo and beamforming where not enabled on initial installation on my units. With these features disabled the performance of the units was severly degraded for the optimum. I suggest that if you continued to send from the factory with these features disabled that the "Getting Started" documentation should not this and include simple instructions for activation.

Also, could the usb ports be activated in the future for connecting hard drives?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Suggestion for additional "Getting Started" documentation

Hello Frankhfrom0z

They were disabled because a lot of people were having connection issues and our engineers are looking to improve those features. And that is a possibility for the USB ports in the future.

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Frankhfrom0z

They were disabled because a lot of people were having connection issues and our engineers are looking to improve those features. And that is a possibility for the USB ports in the future.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
frankhfrom0Z
Tutor

Yes, I had understood that they were disabled on purpose because of the fact that people were having issues, but my suggestion was intended that you should point people towards those options, as I found them to work as they should thus increasing the range and stability of the connections with devices.

If I hadn't been aware of the options, I would have probably returned the units as not much better than my previous set up. As it is I find the units much more effective.

I also understand, as you said, that the problem is only temporary so perhaps it will be fixed before a new QS guide whould make any difference.

Thanks for your response,

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7