Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Suitable satellites with RBR50 Router that don't cost the world

danielrpalmer
Follower

Suitable satellites with RBR50 Router that don't cost the world

Hi. I live in Australia and am having a real hard time trying to find an extension satellite for my Orbi RBR50.

I currently have a RBS50 satellite but need a little more coverage.

I cannot seem to find much info on what satellites would be suitable? I dont want to pay an arm and a leg for the extra satellite as I have already paid quite allot for this setup.

From what I can deduce I can attach the following:

RBS50 (costs allot to deliver to Aus)

RBW30. This is in my price range however there are some reviews that it does not work too well with the RBR50 and continually drops out or cannot connect with 5GHz band. 

Any info or advice would be appreciated.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
SW_
Prodigy
Prodigy

Re: Suitable satellites with RBR50 Router that don't cost the world

I don't know the shipping cost to Austalia, but if you have a mate in the US/Canada, he/she can get you a whole set 1 RBR50 + 2 RBS50 from Costo for around $300-$400 depending on the day.  You can also get any lower models, a bit cheaper, but that really depends on the shipping cost. Otherwise, you might be better off sourcing locally for a lower model/set instead of just one Satellite unit.  RBS20/RBS40/RBS50 will work with RBR50, but not at the same performance.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Suitable satellites with RBR50 Router that don't cost the world

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

@danielrpalmer wrote:

Hi. I live in Australia and am having a real hard time trying to find an extension satellite for my Orbi RBR50.

I currently have a RBS50 satellite but need a little more coverage.

I cannot seem to find much info on what satellites would be suitable? I dont want to pay an arm and a leg for the extra satellite as I have already paid quite allot for this setup.

From what I can deduce I can attach the following:

RBS50 (costs allot to deliver to Aus)

RBW30. This is in my price range however there are some reviews that it does not work too well with the RBR50 and continually drops out or cannot connect with 5GHz band. 

Any info or advice would be appreciated.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7