Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Support for multiple SSIDs?

th3w01f
Apprentice

Support for multiple SSIDs?

Will Orbi support multiple SSIDs in any fashion (by radio, VLAN, etc) at launch or in the near future? 

Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello th3w01f

The orbi is planned to support a guest network in a future firmware but right now just 1 ssid

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
th3w01f
Apprentice

This answer changed from when it was first posted.  Initially the response was that I could use separate SSIDs on the 2.4 and 5Ghz radios, now that I'm trying to set up the Orbi, I find that the original answer was changed and that is not supported.  At the very least, Netgear should have owned the incorrect response and posted the correct info, and not made it look like they provided the answer the first time.  This screws up my network and forces me to change the SSID on 30 devices

Message 3 of 4
Mikey94025
Hero

I also wish I had the option of splitting 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz SSIDs. It's a step backwards from being able to do so with Netgear's high end wireless routers, so for compatibility at least make it an option.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7