Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Support promised a refund over a month ago

jakistra
Aspirant

Support promised a refund over a month ago

My Orbi had frequent drops to the point where it was 4-5 times a day. I called support to get help. They informed me that my service contract had elapsed. I ordered a new service contract for $229.99 on April 4, 2020. Once the contract was in place they proceeded to troubleshoot my Orbi. I followed the steps and it appeared that the Orbi was working. The next day, the network dropped again at least three times. I called Support and followed their troubleshooting instructions. These calls happened over three week period without a resolution. On the sixth call, they said they could not help me and offered to refund my service contract. I agreed to that decision. That was on April 30th, 2020. It is now June 4th, 2020 and the refund has not been issued. I have called four times since then to find out when the refund will be issued and still no resolution.

I now find it necessary to reach out to the community to let Netgear know what I have been dealing with. This respose has been atrocious. Perhaps now you'll find the means to issue the refund you promised in April.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
tomschmidt
Virtuoso

Re: Support promised a refund over a month ago

I had a similar refund issue with Gearhead last February, it took a month to get my refund.  Now with their support being more limited due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it will probably take twice as long.  Just keep contacting them every few days to make sure they are working on getting your refund issued.

Message 2 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 3 of 6
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi jakistra, 

Welcome to the community! I'd like to give a hand and look into this further for you. May you send me a private message with your email address and case number(s). 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 4 of 6
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @jakistra ,

Thank you for brining this to our attention! I've ask @Christian_R to assist me with checking on the status of your refund. He'll post an update once he can determine the status.

@FURRYe38 ~ Thanks for the shoutout! 🙂

@tomschmidt  ~ Thanks for sharing your insight! 

Kind Regards to all,

ChristineT

Message 5 of 6
jakistra
Aspirant

Update: I have not received my refund yet.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7