Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Switch Satalite connected to

rbobcat1
Follower

Switch Satalite connected to

I have a device (2.4) in my garage that is less than 10 feet away from a Satalite but it always connects to a satalite about 50 feet away going thru 3 walls.

1. Does it really matter which one it connects to?

2. If it does is there a way to make it connect to the satalite 10 feet away?

Thank you.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Switch Satalite connected to

@rbobcat1 wrote:

I have a device (2.4) in my garage that is less than 10 feet away from a Satalite but it always connects to a satalite about 50 feet away going thru 3 walls.

1. Does it really matter which one it connects to? No. 

Try turning down the power output of the RBRs wifi radios from 100% to 50% and see if this changes anything. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

@rbobcat1 wrote:

1. Does it really matter which one it connects to? No. 

Try turning down the power output of the RBRs wifi radios from 100% to 50% and see if this changes anything. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

@rbobcat1 wrote:

1. Does it really matter which one it connects to? If it works, then leave it alone.

One technique is to reconnect the device to the Orbi WiFi. "Forget" the WiFi connection, then set it up again. (which can be rather a chore with some devices)

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7