Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Switch from 5ghz to 2.4ghz

Aw_Shucks
Aspirant

Switch from 5ghz to 2.4ghz

I actually have an Orbi RBR40 with 2 RBR20 Satellites and I'm trying to link my greenie lights to my network. My satellites and phone are both on the 5ghz band. I reset my bulbs and they are blinking fast but as soon as I try to link them it tells me to change to a 2.4ghz network but I see nowhere to do that as both are combined in the Orbi mesh network. (they aren't named differently like other routers are). Anyway, the bulbs won't connect and I get the message to switch to 2.4ghz network. Can anyone tell me how to get it to connect on 2.4? Thank you in advance! Scott..... 

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?

Disable the 5Ghz SSID broadcast Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

There will be a check box there, uncheck it and save settings. Re-check it after you have setup your devices. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?

Disable the 5Ghz SSID broadcast Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

There will be a check box there, uncheck it and save settings. Re-check it after you have setup your devices. 

Message 2 of 8
Aw_Shucks
Aspirant

Sorry guys,, nding my question. I found the link on how to do it and am working on it right now. Thanks again! Scott.....

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 8
Aw_Shucks
Aspirant

Thanks! Scott.....

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 8
eddard
Aspirant

A thousand times thank you! I got mine hooked up and was loving it I tried to add my 2.4 switches. I saw the Telnet fix but didn't want to go that route (yes,a router pun). Found this and now I'm good to go!

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@eddard wrote:

A thousand times thank you! I got mine hooked up and was loving it I tried to add my 2.4 switches. I saw the Telnet fix but didn't want to go that route (yes,a router pun). Found this and now I'm good to go!

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7