Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Switch stipped working

orbimesh
Aspirant

Switch stipped working

Have an Orbi rbk50 connected to optimum router . From Orbi have a multiport Luxul switch . Wired connections stopped working . Tried rebooting , turned on off DHCP settings and rebooted . Any tips ?
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
Fl1ntstone
Apprentice

Hi,

I'm glad you sorted the issue 🙂

Looks like you probably created a loop on your switch which caused your issues?

CheerZ

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies
Fl1ntstone
Apprentice

Hi,

Have you checked the ethernet cables used for the switch?  If the ethernet cables are ok then your switch could be 'toast'?  Have you also tried directly connecting to the Orbi to check that the ethernet port that the switch is connected to is ok?

CheerZ

Message 2 of 7
orbimesh
Aspirant

If I unplug all the lan ports on Orbi works well for WiFi. Satellites change to magenta color too. I’ll test with new cables again . Just got new Firmware update installed as well. Not sure if switch from Luxul and Orbi dhcp fighting (if that’s how to say it !)
Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the MFr and model if this switch your using. 

There are known incompatibilies with some switches that are managed or have Green Ethernet features. 

@orbimesh wrote:
Have an Orbi rbk50 connected to optimum router . From Orbi have a multiport Luxul switch . Wired connections stopped working . Tried rebooting , turned on off DHCP settings and rebooted . Any tips ?

Message 4 of 7
orbimesh
Aspirant

Looks like had a wire plugged in both ends to a connected switch . Working now ! Thanks again .
Message 5 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad it was a simple fix. Please mark your thread as solved. 

Enjoy. 

Message 6 of 7
Fl1ntstone
Apprentice

Hi,

I'm glad you sorted the issue 🙂

Looks like you probably created a loop on your switch which caused your issues?

CheerZ

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7