Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Sync Issues with ORBI RBK50

treecutter
Follower

Sync Issues with ORBI RBK50

Just a short to help all of you who have been unable to synch your Orbi RBK50 router and satellite. Here's my story, I returned my RBK50 to the store because I followed the small handout on how to install the system. Read several entries online where the sat and router would not sync. Online folks took theirs back also with same issues as mine. The store swapped with me and I attempted to set up again. Same issues. So I went to the NETGEAR site and downloaded the MANUAL for the ORBI. Guess what, the one I took back was a perfectly good system. ON page 24 of the manual I found the following:

Sync a Satellite from an ORBI WIFI System The ORBI WIFI System includes and Orbi router and one or two satellites. The satellites in the WIFI system is preset to automatically find and sync to the WIFI signal from the Orbi router in the same WIFI system.

We all spent many frustrating moments because both the Droid app and the NETGEAR ORBI LOGIN did not point out that the equipment in the box was ALREADY set to sync when the power was applied.

Thanks NETGEAR for not flagging this in the Quick Start Guide. Delete and/or modify the checklist when it gets to the sync portion. Should an additional satellite be introduced, then the sync buttos come into play.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Sync Issues with ORBI RBK50

Thanks for letting us know and sharing. Good information to know.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7