Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Syncing computer with Insync stalles my Netgear Orbi RBK50/RBS50 based network.

cdysthe
Virtuoso

Syncing computer with Insync stalles my Netgear Orbi RBK50/RBS50 based network.

Hi,

I was going to sync my whole Google Drive to a new laptop using Insync. After the sync starts and runs for a minute or so the whole network slows down and then halts for everyone. In the router logs I see this:

"[DoS Attack: ARP Attack] from source: 10.0.0.4, Monday, December 09, 2019 16:33:05".

10.0.0.4 is the new laptop. As soon as I stop Insync the network is back after 30 seconds or so. On another (not Nergear) network there's no such problems, but since this is my home network it's a problem I can't get around. Can't find settings on the router to disable the firewall which I assume is causing this?

The network consists of a Netgrear CL1000 modem and an Orbi RBK50/RBS50 router combo. This is a gigabit connection and there's otherwise no problems with any of our machines and phones on the network. This does not happen with DropBox. Anything I can do to prevent this from happening? I have never had problems with InSync which I have used for years.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router, RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite, CM1000|Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS® 3.1 Ready
Message 1 of 5
SW_
Prodigy
Prodigy

Re: Syncing computer with Insync stalles my Netgear Orbi RBK50/RBS50 based network.

You're likely in a double NAT situation.  Switch Orbi to AP mode to see if that resolves the issue.

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Please confirm the model of the NG modem? Is this a CM1000? 

@cdysthe wrote:

Hi,

I was going to sync my whole Google Drive to a new laptop using Insync. After the sync starts and runs for a minute or so the whole network slows down and then halts for everyone. In the router logs I see this:

"[DoS Attack: ARP Attack] from source: 10.0.0.4, Monday, December 09, 2019 16:33:05".

10.0.0.4 is the new laptop. As soon as I stop Insync the network is back after 30 seconds or so. On another (not Nergear) network there's no such problems, but since this is my home network it's a problem I can't get around. Can't find settings on the router to disable the firewall which I assume is causing this?

The network consists of a Netgrear CL1000 modem and an Orbi RBK50/RBS50 router combo. This is a gigabit connection and there's otherwise no problems with any of our machines and phones on the network. This does not happen with DropBox. Anything I can do to prevent this from happening? I have never had problems with InSync which I have used for years.

Message 3 of 5
cdysthe
Virtuoso

@SW_ wrote:

You're likely in a double NAT situation.  Switch Orbi to AP mode to see if that resolves the issue.

If I switch to AP mode, how would that affect other users on the network and/or  connected devices like NAS and printers?

Message 4 of 5
SW_
Prodigy
Prodigy

@cdysthe wrote:

@SW_ wrote:

If I switch to AP mode, how would that affect other users on the network and/or  connected devices like NAS and printers?

It will only affect clients with static/reserved IP addresses.  You can check your Orbi for any reserved IP address.  If there's none, everything should continue to work as is.  If anything, it should improve overall network performance as there's only one layer of NAT instead of two.  For example, each packet has to be inspected and NAT-modified once instead of twice with double NAT.  

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7