Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Synology DS418Play NAS w/24TB & Orbi RBR50

Chuck_M
Mentor

Synology DS418Play NAS w/24TB & Orbi RBR50

This weekend I added a NAS to my setup and settled for the Synology DS418Play four-bay system with 24TB in 2 drives.  

I previously had a WD MyCloud Mirror that seemed laggy and had a lot of latency on file requests.

The Synology setup was a breeze and added all the necessary port forwarding to the RBR50 and I was up and running in minutes.

From outside of my LAN, streaming videos, music, performing backups etc is amazingly instant.  So far superior to my WD Mycloud... am wondering why I waited this long for the upgrade.

Was able to test a few more complex operations -- pulling in internet radio into the NAS's media server and then redirecting in real time to SONOS.  Smooth as silk and instantaneous!  Streaming of 1080p MP4s across the network to wireless devices and various TVs on the network as good as cable HD.

I highly recommend this to be paired with an Orbi-based network.  All I can say is wow!

Model: RBS40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Synology DS418Play NAS w/24TB & Orbi RBR50

I have a D-Link DNS-345 attached to mine. Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation