Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

System logs

OrbiPhilip
Luminary

System logs

I would like to pull a history of the internet interface connection status.  Is there a comprehensive system log available for Orbi?   The one on the Advanced - > Administration -> Logs page is just slightly less than useless.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
theoak
Luminary

Re: System logs

Every time the router reboots, the logs get cleared.  So that is frustrating.

I have noticed at http://orbilogin.net/debug.htm you can set some log options.  It almost seems to suggest that if you insert a USB memory stick it may save them off.  You may need to try differnt formats (FAT32, EXT2/3/4, etc) until it is recognized by the Orbi.  You may need to find some free disk utilities.

Something to try.  Other folks can probably provide additional guidance.

Message 2 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

I have used a USB stick to capture LAN/WAN traffic many times.  However, only the LAN and WAN traffic captures appear on the USB stick.  The "debug" information remains in memory.

Message 3 of 5
OrbiPhilip
Luminary

It seems that Netgear only developed enough of each feature to list it on the box as being present.  I cannot think of a single one where I thought "Wow, this is really well done".

Message 4 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

I took another look at the results of doing a Debug Capture.  When the debug file is copied to my computer, there are LOTS of log files contained in "debug_log.zip".  Although the "Orbi Log" that is available on the web interface is cleared when the Orbi reboots, many of these log files are not.  I have no clue how to interpret many of these logs, but there certainly are a lot of them!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7