Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

TV and Internet

Ldowney
Aspirant

TV and Internet

I am looking to buy Orbi for my home.  I have Verizon for both internet and TV and want to make sure Orbi is a compatable option.  Currently, the verizon Set Topbox is attached to my d-link router through a switch and ideally I would like to remove the old router and connect the new one (Orbi) in the same way.  In addition I need to put an extender upstairs. Is this possible and which model is best?

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Mstrbig
Master

Re: TV and Internet

@Ldowney wrote:

I am looking to buy Orbi for my home.  I have Verizon for both internet and TV and want to make sure Orbi is a compatable option.  Currently, the verizon Set Topbox is attached to my d-link router through a switch and ideally I would like to remove the old router and connect the new one (Orbi) in the same way.  In addition I need to put an extender upstairs. Is this possible and which model is best?

Yes you would eliminate the Dlink router and replace it with the Orbi router.

It would be best to have the Orbi router connected directly to the Verizon ONT or router and then plug the switch into the Orbi router, if possible. Then the Orbi system will control all devices.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Mstrbig
Master

@Ldowney wrote:

Yes you would eliminate the Dlink router and replace it with the Orbi router.

It would be best to have the Orbi router connected directly to the Verizon ONT or router and then plug the switch into the Orbi router, if possible. Then the Orbi system will control all devices.

Message 2 of 3
Ldowney
Aspirant

Thank you, much appreciated.  Sounds like an easy switch to make.

Loren

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7