Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Telephone Connection

PhilQ
Aspirant

Telephone Connection

I purchased and installed the Orbi to take the place of the cox panoramic wifi modem but I missed the fact that our home telephone was also plugged into the cox wifi modem.  I really like the Orbi but it doesn't support plugging in a phone.  Does anyone have a solution or a work around?  I am willing to purchase an additional modem for the phone if necessary.

Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Telephone Connection

Did you have the CBR40 or a RBR series? 

The CBR system doesn't support phone lines. NGs CM1150v does. 

Message 2 of 6
PhilQ
Aspirant

I have the CBR40 which I really like.  Is there something I can add just for the phone?

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Unfortunately no. Thats hardware feature which the CBR40 doesn't support. 

If you need phone line support, you can do the following configuration:

CM1150v and then attach a RBK40 system to the CM modem. RBK40 or RBK20 series is same as the CBK40, just no built in modem in the RBK series. 

Message 4 of 6
Tjharris6
Guide

We have our phone line hook to a Verizon wireless home phone connect that has worked pretty welll. I would suggest you keep the home phone connect away from the orbi though.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Orbi system doesn't support any phone line support. The CM1150v cable modem does. 

@Tjharris6 wrote:

We have our phone line hook to a Verizon wireless home phone connect that has worked pretty welll. I would suggest you keep the home phone connect away from the orbi though.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7