Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Terms and Conditions

CrimpOn
Guru

Terms and Conditions

I've been experimenting with different Orbi firmware, and this time when that agreement screen popped up, I actually read some of it. (You know, that window full of small print that every software package displays and we never read before clicking "Agree".)  Discovered this:

15. SOFTWARE UPDATES AND UPDATES TO THE PRODUCTS
Software Updates. By using the Product, You agree to receive all Software Updates and upgrades that NETGEAR sends to the software included in the Product. You specifically agree Your Product may: (i) communicate with NETGEAR servers from time to time to automatically check for available updates, such as bug fixes, critical system updates, patches, enhanced functions, upgrades, missing plug-ins and new versions (collectively, “Software Updates”) and (ii) install the Software Updates. Such Software Updates may be in various forms and are generally provided for the purposes of improving the performance, security and reliability of the Product.

(emphasis mine)

I am not a contract lawyer and have no idea if such "agreements" are legally enforceable. I also do not know if there is a similar agreement when installing the Orbi 'app'.  If the agreement had said I had to salute any Martian UFO that appears, I would have said, "I agree" as well.

Just thought I'd share.

Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7