Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Tested firmware 2.5.1.8

Eragon
Tutor

Tested firmware 2.5.1.8

Hi,
I was on 2.3.5.3.0 on RBR50 and RBS50.
Took my chance and updated the firmware-2.5.1.8 manually.

Naming and changing icon works but still not showing all the devices that is attached to RBR50 and RBS50. It has same issues as 2.5.0.40.

It not working properly so I reset both RBR50 and RBS50 to see if problem gets solved but nope still not showing all the devices from the web ui and android phone app.

I have around 25 to 30 devices but only showing 18 devices attached and did reboot to see if it shows more but showing 16 so did another reboot and showing 19.

I took same steps to tested 2.5.0.40 and was hoping this firmware 2.5.1.8 is different but its samething. Only thing fixed with 2.5.1.8 is naming and icon.

I'm going back to 2.5.3.50 again.
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 14
Eragon
Tutor

Re: Tested firmware 2.5.1.8

Cant edit.
Meant to say going back to 2.3.5.30 again.
Message 2 of 14
SW_
Prodigy
Prodigy

@Eragon wrote:
I have around 25 to 30 devices but only showing 18 devices attached and did reboot to see if it shows more but showing 16 so did another reboot and showing 19.

Rebooting Orbi will not resolve this issue.  I also observed this symptom.  However, new devices will be added/appeared slowly, i.e., overnight.  If you must have accessed to all your device names upone reboot, stick with your working/current version.  With v2.5.x.x, it will take time to populate all device names, assuming all is well.  If you've already have access control/Circle/etc., setup prior to upgrade to v.2.5.x.x, it should continue to work as is, albeit the annoying device names.

Message 3 of 14
Eragon
Tutor

I already left it overnight and did too many reboot to see if it bring back all the devices....

also disabled Daisy-Chain to see if it works.

but no luck here....

All the devices are connected and working as it should but it just dont show under attached devices.

Anyways i will just stick with 2.3.5.30.

Message 4 of 14
SW_
Prodigy
Prodigy

I had problem with devices that go to sleep, i.e., NAS, MBP, but never with IoT devices.  Have you seen it with IoT devices?

Try rebooting one of the hidden devices to see if it shows up?  For example, if my NAS were in power saving mode, it won't show up until I power cycle it.  Once Orbi sees it, Orbi will remember it even if the NAS is offline later. 

Message 5 of 14
Eragon
Tutor

The device not showing was my phone(note 10 plus), ps4, nintendo switch and couple of other android phones.

Nas was showing just fine.

Tried remove remembered wifi from the device and reconnected them again but wasn't working.

Now I'm back with 2.3.5.30 and working as it should.
Message 6 of 14
tucsontico
Virtuoso

Curious about something: Do you have IP address reservations for all your devices on ORBI? If not, try reserving IP addresses for your stuff via "Advanced">"Setup">"LAN Setup".

I've done this since I first got my RBR50 nearly 2 years ago and my devices seem to be properly reporting. However, I am running firmware version 2.3.5.30 NOT 2.5.1.8.

Message 7 of 14
Eragon
Tutor

I only use ip reservations with few of my devices not all of them.
With firmware 2.3.5.30 everything is registered. Here we are talking about firmware 2.5.1.8
Message 8 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

You might ask this guy how system is working on v2.5.1.8:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Firmware-Version-2-5-1-8/td-p/1837215/jump-to/first-unread-mes...

I know all my devices are showing up. I just updated FW is all I did. I haven't had to factory reset as of yet. Something to try if you haven't. FW should work for you unless there is some odd configuration you have going on or something in HW that maybe causing something not to appear. 

Something to check out next time you decside to try it. 

Message 9 of 14
Bobkravetz
Aspirant

I manually updated the RBR50 and RBS50 to 2.5.1.8 from #.#.#.30 as the router hadn't indicated an update was available and the forum said there was a more current update to 'fix' all the previous disaster updates. I used the web to download and the RBR50/RBS50 program to install.  The RBS50 was hardwired to the RBR50 some 40 feet away.  Everything worked and I'm not privy enough to check any speed differences. All devices showed up under the IOS app for Network map and device manager, although not all icons for the type of connection were correct and had changed. The web based Admin device manager showed all devices present thoughout all of this except for an old HP Laserjet5 connected by JetDirect which has never showed up in device manager.

A week later I relocated the RBS50 satellite, hardwired it back up, and lost all devices showing up in the IOS Network map for both the router and satellite, yet all devices showed in the Device manager. I don't know if the loss of power contributed to the problem, or the disconnection from the RBR50. I do not have Beamforming, MU-MiMO or fast roaming checked.

This morning I unplugged the Satellite hardwire and connected it wirelessly to the router and although it took a bit to find the wireless connection, all devices showed up under both the Device manager and Network map sections in the IOS app. I plugged the hardwire back in and a few moments, all devices were still present with that setup too. Why they weren't before is beyond me.  Now, 2 hours later, with the satellite still hardwired, the devices with names are still showing up in the IOS Network map and Device manager.  Whether this was App related or a RBR50 talking to the RBS50 problem I don't know, but I sure hope it continues working the way it's supposed to.  Hope this helps someone.

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 10 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Ensure Daisy Chain is disable for your wired RBS. 

Probably since the RBS went off line for a period of time, the iOS app updated thus reflecting nothing there. After putting the RBS back online, the iOS app may take a period of time to update along with your devices had migrated from the RBS to the RBR. Then eventually your devices migrated back to the RBS thus eventually the iOS app detected this. 

Enjoy. 

@Bobkravetz wrote:

I manually updated the RBR50 and RBS50 to 2.5.1.8 from #.#.#.30 as the router hadn't indicated an update was available and the forum said there was a more current update to 'fix' all the previous disaster updates. I used the web to download and the RBR50/RBS50 program to install.  The RBS50 was hardwired to the RBR50 some 40 feet away.  Everything worked and I'm not privy enough to check any speed differences. All devices showed up under the IOS app for Network map and device manager, although not all icons for the type of connection were correct and had changed. The web based Admin device manager showed all devices present thoughout all of this except for an old HP Laserjet5 connected by JetDirect which has never showed up in device manager.

A week later I relocated the RBS50 satellite, hardwired it back up, and lost all devices showing up in the IOS Network map for both the router and satellite, yet all devices showed in the Device manager. I don't know if the loss of power contributed to the problem, or the disconnection from the RBR50. I do not have Beamforming, MU-MiMO or fast roaming checked.

This morning I unplugged the Satellite hardwire and connected it wirelessly to the router and although it took a bit to find the wireless connection, all devices showed up under both the Device manager and Network map sections in the IOS app. I plugged the hardwire back in and a few moments, all devices were still present with that setup too. Why they weren't before is beyond me.  Now, 2 hours later, with the satellite still hardwired, the devices with names are still showing up in the IOS Network map and Device manager.  Whether this was App related or a RBR50 talking to the RBS50 problem I don't know, but I sure hope it continues working the way it's supposed to.  Hope this helps someone.

Message 11 of 14
Bobkravetz
Aspirant

I have to pull back my earlier post. Tonight I checked for devices within the Network map and it now says no devices found even though they show in device manager.
Message 12 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

There may not be anything connected to that specific RBS. 

Message 13 of 14
Bobkravetz
Aspirant

Sorry Furry, I never knew you responded as I hadn't logged in. There used to be a box to mark to follow a conversation I thought, but I don't see it. The RBS50 always has my Enphase controller monitor (solar) hardwired to it and it would always show up. The app just said no devices connected as well as the RBR50 router saying the same while on the 2.5.1.8 (even though it did show all devices when first updated) . I did factory resets on both and brought in the 2.3.5.30 and I could now see all devices in the network map. The router was easily factory reset, but the satellite wouldn't budge no matter how many resets, off/ons, and all the tricks mentioned in other posts I did. It changed colors like it was, even said it was disconnected from the router, but would not revert back to an older firmware. I was stuck on 2.5.1.8. I logged into the RBS50's IP and used that firmware update button to download and load 2.3.5.30. Trying through the router wouldn't allow me to revert backwards and gave errors to the effect that it was the wrong file to use.

I had unchecked a few items such as Beamforming, WMM and MiMo in my updating previously.  Speed checking in the router admin speed test gave me a mid to upper 50's which it should be, but Speak easy via the web on the lap and iPhone showed 15 to maybe 20mps in each test. I used to get the 50's showing here too. In searching other forum posts for speed affected by updates, I ran accross a person you responded to that has said he had "Enabled Beamforming, MIMO, WMM and  Disabled Fast Roaming." which helped him gain less than 1Mbit speed. I went back into the RBR50 and checked each these.  One of them, or all, affected my speed tests to the better and my Speakeasy testing numbers went from the low to mid teens back up to the mid 50's Mbits.

I'm back up and running on 2.3.5.30 which the router firmare update check says is most the current. Thank You very very much for your and others help!

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7