Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Thanks firmware team.

Tmpoolejr
Aspirant

Thanks firmware team.

Just a note of thanks for dumping firmware 2.7.2.104 out there. Nothing on the support page about the dns, time, other issues wrong with this crap upgrade. No option to move to .102.
Nothing, nadda. At least you are consistent.
Of course you wait for others to **bleep** about issues. Force the uprade without telling. And let her rip. Meanwhile millions of people, many non technical are having to deal with the fallout.
Simple question, WHEN IS A WORKING firmware COMING OUT? Simple question.
I’ve seen one man teams put out better code.
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Thanks firmware team.

@Tmpoolejr wrote:
Just a note of thanks for dumping firmware 2.7.2.104 out there. Nothing on the support page about the dns, time, other issues wrong with this crap upgrade. No option to move to .102.
Of course you wait for others to **bleep** about issues. Force the uprade without telling. And let her rip. Meanwhile millions of people, many non technical are having to deal with the fallout.

You probably realize that the Netgear "firmware team" does not participate in community forums or read posts.  Sort of "preaching to the choir here."  Can't speak for anyone else, but I am personally really torqued over this fiasco. This has not been a peaceful week for my domestic unit.

The support page obviously made no mention of dns, time, other issues because (a) Netgear was not aware of them, and (b) firmware 2.7.2.104 came out a full month before Daylight Saving Time.

There certainly is an option to move to any previous firmware release. Download the desired firmware and use "Manual Firmware Update."

"Millions of people?"  I think one of the big problems is that is does not affect enough people.  People who are not on 2.7.2.104 are affected, while some people who are on 2.7.2.104 are not.

Message 2 of 3
vajim
Master

Re: Thanks firmware team.

@Tmpoolejr wrote:

Time to relax.

There are options.  If you wait right here there will be others who will attempt to troubleshoot your problem with 100's of questions and possibly not fix anything.

Or....you can revert your firmware back.  Go to the download area above and enter your model number.  The NG moderators here have acknowledged the problem, a rarity in itself.  They have passed the info to the engineers and hopefully will release something that will make things right.

Then ask yourself what lesson did you learn here with regard to firmware updates.  I understand it's always a good thing to be update to date, don't want to risk a security issue.  However, sometimes its better to lag and let others play with these things and enter the water only after the storm is over.  

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7