Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Time to replace aging R6700 Router...Looking for advice

ABerndt
Follower

Time to replace aging R6700 Router...Looking for advice

Hi - I am thinking of replacing my aging R6700 Router.  Wi-fi speeds cannot keep up with the amount of devices I have and the location of the R6700 is kind of tucked away.  I am curious about the Orbi systems.  I have an 1800 sq ft ranch house with a finished lower level (another 800 sq ft).  The main level has 3 smart phones, chromebook, 2 laptops, desktop, 2 roku boxes, Logitech Harmony, 3 smart tv's and 3 security cameras.  The lower level has 2 smart tvs, an xbox and a security camera.  We also have an Alexa and 2 Alexa dots.  I see that the Orbi is compatible with Alexa but I can't quite visualize how all of this connects together.  I am thinking about the RBKV50 with the router and one satellite, the router would be located on the main level and the satellite downstairs.  Would that be overkill?  Can I use any of my existing Alexa devices as part of the Orbi system?  It's been awhile since I've had to look at this as my R6700 has worked so well for years.  Thank you, in advance, for your help.

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Time to replace aging R6700 Router...Looking for advice

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7