Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Trouble connecting ROKU Ultra to ORBI AC 3300

MichaelGLamothe
Follower

Trouble connecting ROKU Ultra to ORBI AC 3300

I just got a new ROKU Ultra and I cannot get it to connect to my wifi.  It found the Orbi router and I entered the password correctly.  I received an error message asking 1. is your password entered correctly (yes it is)... 2. does your router block unknown MAC addresses?  

I don't think my router blocks MAC addresses... I've had no problems connecting anything else to the router...  

A few questions...

1. How do I confirm if my router is blocking unknown MAC addresses?

2. If it is, how do I fix it?

3. Any other suggestions to get this thing connected?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 2
jerryschwartz
Apprentice

Re: Trouble connecting ROKU Ultra to ORBI AC 3300

The Orbi will block MAC addresses, but that isn't the default.

On the Advanced->Security->Access Control screen, there's are radio buttons for this:

- Allow all new devices to connect

- Block all new devices from connecting

The first option is the most commonly used. When it is selected, any device which has the right passphrase can connect to your network. If you select the second option, you will freeze the list of devices connected to your network. As the wording says, no newcomers will be allowed.

Unless you are both clear on the concepts and paranoid by nature, choose the first option and cross that possibility off your list of potential problems.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7