Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Trouble downloading V2.0.0.72 to my satellite

BillYoung
Luminary

Trouble downloading V2.0.0.72 to my satellite

Everyone,

I would like to manually download the V2.0.0.72 firmware upgrade to my satellite.  But each time I do so, I receive an error on my Orbi manual upgrade page.

Here's how I did this:  I went to the post about the upgrade.  I click on the link for the satellite (RBS50).  I save the file.  I then extract the file.  I then go to the orbilogin.com > Advanced > Administration > Firmware Update > Manual Update.  I then browse to where the files have been extracted.  I attempt to upload the file.

But it is at this point that I receive the error.  It goes away too quickly for me to capture a screen print of it, unfortunately.  But it tells me that the firmware file is incorrect, and that I should retrieve a new file to successfully upgrade.

I was able to successfully upgrade the router portion without any issues.

If anyone else has seen this issue, please help!!!!

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
st_shaw
Master

Re: Trouble downloading V2.0.0.72 to my satellite

You should be able to do an online upgrade from the firmware update page.  That's what I did.

To do the manual update, you need to tick the box next to the satellite at the bottom of the manual update page.

If that doesn't work, just get the IP address for your satellite, then open the webpage on the satellite's IP, login, and do the firmware update directly on the satellite.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
st_shaw
Master

You should be able to do an online upgrade from the firmware update page.  That's what I did.

To do the manual update, you need to tick the box next to the satellite at the bottom of the manual update page.

If that doesn't work, just get the IP address for your satellite, then open the webpage on the satellite's IP, login, and do the firmware update directly on the satellite.

Message 2 of 3
BillYoung
Luminary

st_shaw:

Thank you very much for your prompt response.  Just so you know, the option you presented that said to login to the satellite manually and upgrade the firmware there worked like a champ.

Thanks again for your response!!!!

BillYoung

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7