Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Trouble downloading updates

Kdad
Follower

Trouble downloading updates

I am trying to download the latest update.  I keep getting in a loop and nothing happens.  I get a zip file and extract it and then sends me right back to the site to download the software!

Message 1 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Trouble downloading updates

What orbi and version do you have now?

Message 2 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

It would help to know which device is being used to update firmware.  (PC, Mac, laptop... or are you using the Orbi "app")?

We would be remiss if we do not point out that there is considerable controversy over the wisdom of updating to the latest Orbi firmware. There are several l-o-n-g threads about 2.5.1.8, "DNS Issues", "frequent dropping", etc.  While I personally have had 2.5.1.8 on my Orbi RBR50 for about two months with no issues, there are a LOT of forum members who are convinced that their problems stem from this formware and that reverting to a previous version made the problems go away.

If the Orbi is performing to suit your needs, I would suggest doing some reading in the forum before "pulling the trigger."

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

What browser are you using? Try IE11, FireFox or Opera.

Be sure to clear ALL browser caches. 

If you want to update FW, Download manual FW update files from here:

https://www.netgear.com/support/

Input your model # and select...download the .zip files and unpack them. 

Update the RBS first then the RBR lastly. 

Factory reset the RBR and RBS and setup from scratch. 

I recommend not enabling Circle, others are reporting bad operation when it's enabled. 

@Kdad wrote:

I am trying to download the latest update.  I keep getting in a loop and nothing happens.  I get a zip file and extract it and then sends me right back to the site to download the software!

Message 4 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@FURRYe38 wrote:

What browser are you using? Try IE11, FireFox or Opera.

Be sure to clear ALL browser caches. 

If you want to update FW, Download manual FW update files from here:

https://www.netgear.com/support/

Input your model # and select...download the .zip files and unpack them. 

Update the RBS first then the RBR lastly. 

Factory reset the RBR and RBS and setup from scratch. 

I recommend not enabling Circle, others are reporting bad operation when it's enabled. 

@Kdad wrote:

Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7