Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Trying to enable Circle on ORBI22

nalth72
Initiate

Trying to enable Circle on ORBI22

Hello,

I'm trying to enable circle but get the following message:

It looks like your router is in access point (AP) or bridge mode. Circle is not compatible with AP mode or bridge mode. To enable Circle your router must be configured in router mode.

My router is provided by my broadband provider and my orbi base unit is connected to this. The wifi is disabled on my broadband provider's router enabling the Orbi to become the new router. I've spoken to my broadbank provider who thinks I have to change a setting on the orbi. However, I cant login to the orbi through my browser - when I put the default user name and password in I'm asked for 2 security questions that say are incorrect. 

So,

1. To get circle working do I need to enable router mode user the orbi login

2. If yes to above, how do I change my username and password or set my secuirty questions.

I hope someone can help.

Thanks

Nick

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Trying to enable Circle on ORBI22

@nalth72 wrote:

Hello,

It looks like your router is in access point (AP) or bridge mode. Circle is not compatible with AP mode or bridge mode. To enable Circle your router must be configured in router mode.

My router is provided by my broadband provider and my orbi base unit is connected to this. The wifi is disabled on my broadband provider's router ---this doesn't disable router functions. only wifi. you'd need/want to put it in modem only mode/passthrough mode or put the orbi in the router portion of its DMZ. contact the isp for help with this on their device.  enabling the Orbi to become the new router. I've spoken to my broadbank provider who thinks I have to change a setting on the orbi. However, I cant login to the orbi through my browser - when I put the default user name and password in I'm asked for 2 security questions that say are incorrect. ---even if you didn't setup the questions, it still asks adn there isn't a correct answer. 

So,

1. To get circle working do I need to enable router mode user the orbi login----correct. it needs to be in router mode for circle to function

2. If yes to above, how do I change my username and password or set my secuirty questions.---if you didn't setup the questions, or did but don't know remember the answers, then to get back in, you'd need to factory reset the router. 

I hope someone can help.

Thanks

Nick

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

@nalth72 wrote:

Hello,

My router is provided by my broadband provider and my orbi base unit is connected to this. The wifi is disabled on my broadband provider's router ---this doesn't disable router functions. only wifi. you'd need/want to put it in modem only mode/passthrough mode or put the orbi in the router portion of its DMZ. contact the isp for help with this on their device.  enabling the Orbi to become the new router. I've spoken to my broadbank provider who thinks I have to change a setting on the orbi. However, I cant login to the orbi through my browser - when I put the default user name and password in I'm asked for 2 security questions that say are incorrect. ---even if you didn't setup the questions, it still asks adn there isn't a correct answer. 

So,

1. To get circle working do I need to enable router mode user the orbi login----correct. it needs to be in router mode for circle to function

2. If yes to above, how do I change my username and password or set my secuirty questions.---if you didn't setup the questions, or did but don't know remember the answers, then to get back in, you'd need to factory reset the router. 

I hope someone can help.

Thanks

Nick

Message 2 of 3
nalth72
Initiate

Thanks so much for the reply. Very helpful and clear.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7