Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Tunnelblick and comp-izo deprecation - Netgear VPN setup files to be updated by Netgear?

spizzi
Tutor

Tunnelblick and comp-izo deprecation - Netgear VPN setup files to be updated by Netgear?

Hello,

Anybody else running Tunnelblick and receive the following error after installing Orbi's VPN setup files for NonWindows?

****************start******************

Warning: This VPN may not connect in the future.

The OpenVPN configuration file for 'client' contains these OpenVPN options:

• 'comp-lzo' was deprecated in OpenVPN 2.4 and has been or will be removed in a later version

You should update the configuration so it can be used with modern versions of OpenVPN.

Tunnelblick will use OpenVPN 2.4.6 - OpenSSL v1.0.2q to connect this configuration.

However, you will not be able to connect to this VPN with future versions of Tunnelblick that do not include a version of OpenVPN that accepts the options.

****************end******************

Tunnelblick is detecting something in the setup files created by Orbi. Will Netgear be updating the VPN setup files so we no longer receive these errors?

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Tunnelblick and comp-izo deprecation - Netgear VPN setup files to be updated by Netgear?

Message 2 of 5
afonseca
Aspirant

I have the same question. The post linked in the other reply seems to have some limitations (not being able to access network resources) so I'm wondering if there is a better solution?

Message 3 of 5
bplanz
Aspirant

I have the same issue

Running an R6400

Firmware: V1.0.1.46_1.0.32

Tunnelblick 3.7.9a (build 5321)

Error message attached

Thank you

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 4 of 5
Mayostard
Initiate

I was also constantly getting this warning, then found a recommendation online that worked for me. Open the client.conf file you exported from the router and change "comp-lzo" to "compress lzo". Then you'll need to reimport that configuration into Tunnelblick. When I did that I stopped getting the warning and the connection still works as before. (Definitely back up client.conf before you edit it, in case something goes wrong.)

Hope that helps!

Orbi RBR50 | Firmware v2.3.5.30

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7