Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Turn Down (Reduce) 5G Band

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Turn Down (Reduce) 5G Band

I'm dealing again with the scenario of setting up a device that only allows connection via 2.4g through the Iphone. In dealing with this before, I seem to recall that I went in and reduced the power on the 5G band to something like 10% level. Then went to the other end of the house and then the Iphone connected at 2.4. Once my new device was connected I went back and returned the 5G band power settings. Can someone jog my memory as to where the power settings for the 5G wifi are located? Thanks

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
Hydro130
Luminary

Re: Turn Down (Reduce) 5G Band

"Advanced" tab, then "Advanced Setup" section, then "Wireless Settings" link

Message 2 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@Hydro130 wrote:

"Advanced" tab, then "Advanced Setup" section, then "Wireless Settings" link

Thanks

Message 3 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

well so much for that idea.  still can't connect the device through my iphone for the phone stays on 5.g.....but when i finally did (reduce power and shut down the sats) the app that the device uses still won't connect.  The app basically sucks.

One other thing I noticed with the lastest firmware...2.1.18...?...is that in the guest network...i though you could choose with one or both freq you wanted to activate, this you saw something like..MyNet_Guest 2.4g   Now even the guest network falls under one SSID.

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7