Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Turn off security on Orbi RBR 40

Sandy7039
Aspirant

Turn off security on Orbi RBR 40

Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Turn off security on Orbi RBR 40

WiFi security? It's possible. 

Message 2 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

People can offer more support if they know the context of this post.

Is the goal to create a WiFi network that anyone can access without knowing a password? That is simple.  Just leave the password field blank.

What is the goal?

Message 3 of 7

If you visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

you can feed in the model number and find the documentation, and, if there are any, firmware versions and drivers for your hardware.

Look for the model number on the label on the device.

Message 4 of 7
Sandy7039
Aspirant

My thanks to those who replied.  Sorry I didn't provide more context.  After upgrading the firmware on my Orbi RBR 40 I had lots of problems.  The most troubling was having Armor intercept connections to some web sites requesting a password to forward on.  For some of these websites there was a logon, others not.  All websites were 'safe' as far as I know, example my hometown newspapar.  I do NOT want to give a purported security app my passwords or have it observing any logon for that matter.  So I wanted to disable Armor, if not remove it entirely.  I finally figured out how to allegedly turn it off, but remain troubled.

Message 5 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Please factory reset your RBR and setup from scratch. This time, do not enable any Circle or Armor features. 

@Sandy7039 wrote:

My thanks to those who replied.  Sorry I didn't provide more context.  After upgrading the firmware on my Orbi RBR 40 I had lots of problems.  The most troubling was having Armor intercept connections to some web sites requesting a password to forward on.  For some of these websites there was a logon, others not.  All websites were 'safe' as far as I know, example my hometown newspapar.  I do NOT want to give a purported security app my passwords or have it observing any logon for that matter.  So I wanted to disable Armor, if not remove it entirely.  I finally figured out how to allegedly turn it off, but remain troubled.

Message 6 of 7
SJ2022
Aspirant

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7