Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to Connect devices

champnoisefam
Aspirant

Unable to Connect devices

I just recently connected my desktop computer to my network via ethernet cable.  When I did that, my computer is now attached to "CHAMP2".  My wife works from home and is trying to connect her IPHONE to the desktop but is unable to due to being on a different network.  Is there a reason why the hardwired devices are on a different network and is there a way to connect them.  Thank you for your time.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Unable to Connect devices

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too? There a router built in here by chance?

Message 2 of 5
Mstrbig
Master

@champnoisefam wrote:

I just recently connected my desktop computer to my network via ethernet cable.  When I did that, my computer is now attached to "CHAMP2".  My wife works from home and is trying to connect her IPHONE to the desktop but is unable to due to being on a different network.  Is there a reason why the hardwired devices are on a different network and is there a way to connect them.  Thank you for your time.

Too little info to figure out the issue.

Describe your network configuration, starting with what Orbi product you have and how it's all connected, as well as how many networks you have? If you have 2 WIFI networks, make sure your wife connects to the proper one.

Message 3 of 5
champnoisefam
Aspirant

So, I have the RBR 50 with 1 Satellite connected to it.  I have one WIFI network.  I have 2 ECHO DOTS, 3 ROKU's, 2 TV's, 2 WIFI Lights, 2 IPHONES, 2 IPAD's, 3 Laptops and an XBOX attached to my network at any given time.  I just recently updated my ORBI and Satellite to firmware version 2.7.0.70.  I have other devices connected to the ORBI router with an ETHERNET adapters and I didn't see this happen before. 

Message 4 of 5
champnoisefam
Aspirant

My NG Router Firmware Version is V2.7.0.70.  There is no router in my Spectrum supplied Internet Modem.  Spectrum provided me with a Hitron Modem, Model E31N2V1.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7