Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to Reconnect PS4 to WIFI

Meatball75
Aspirant

Unable to Reconnect PS4 to WIFI

I recently had the auto download of the V2.5.0.38 firmware to my Orbi system.  I use the Orbi ap to turn on/off my son's PS4.  The WIFI was in the off position, and since the firmware update, the ap and the computer login do not recognize the PS4 (it does not show up).  I am unable to turn the WIFI back on to this device now.  I have restarted or rebooted the following: PS4, Orbi system and also the modem.  Any help would be appreciated.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Unable to Reconnect PS4 to WIFI

The Orbi app can't turn OFF the PS4. The Orbi app can block the PS from connecting. Have you ensured you have unblocked the PS with in the app? 

Does the PS see the wifi of any SSID near by or your SSID that you have on the Orbi:? 

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

Message 2 of 6
Meatball75
Aspirant

I understand that it can only turn the WIFI on or off to the Playstation.  The problem is that I turned the WIFI off to the Playstation from the ap.  Now the Playstation does not appear on the ap.  There is no way for me to turn the WIFI back on.  How do I get the ap to recognize the Playstation again?

Message 3 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Here's your problem:

V2.5.0.38

Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Log into the RBRs web page and checi the access controls here using a web browser to see if there is a blocked entry for the PS. If you see it here, then you maybe able to unblock it here. 

@Meatball75 wrote:

I understand that it can only turn the WIFI on or off to the Playstation.  The problem is that I turned the WIFI off to the Playstation from the ap.  Now the Playstation does not appear on the ap.  There is no way for me to turn the WIFI back on.  How do I get the ap to recognize the Playstation again?

Message 5 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I recently had the auto download of the V2.5.0.38 firmware to my Orbi system. 

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Log into the RBRs web page and checi the access controls here using a web browser to see if there is a blocked entry for the PS. If you see it here, then you maybe able to unblock it here. 

@Meatball75 wrote:

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7