Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to access router as admin

jdanham
Guide

Unable to access router as admin

Noted my internet performance was slow, and decided to restart ORBI router first. Using my browser pointing to 10.0.0.1 address that was configured initially, I restarted it, and all speed issues were resolved (from 47mbps to 170mbps which is what I am paying for lol).

HOWEVER, now I am trying to go back using browser to check some configurations, I cannot PING nor access it!  Tracert shows the first hop as 10.0.0.1, but all pings are dropped and the console connection just hangs in the browser.  Connected to the same wifi network my iPhone is connecting with the app, and it can see all the connected devices including my Macbook that is not able to connect anymore?! 

Why is this happening? How can I fix? Firmware is current and no other changes have been made to my network!

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 3
jdanham
Guide

Re: Unable to access router as admin [RESOLVED]

It turns out that the Macbook decided to join the guest network instead of the primary wi-fi network and by default had restricted access. Switched to the primary and all is working as before. 

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Unable to access router as admin

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements