Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to add satellite to Orbi (RBK53)

JWHK
Aspirant

Unable to add satellite to Orbi (RBK53)

As I live in a 4-storey house, I bought RBK53 (which includes 1 route and 2 satellites) plus one RBS50, that is total of 1 router plus 3 satellites; but I am only able to connect/sync 2 of the 3 satellites, the 3rd satellite keeps flashing white but won't connect to the router, could anyone please kindly advise what could have gone wrong and how to connect the 3rd satellite to Orbi? My understanding is that RBK53 can connect up to a maximum of 3 satillites right? Thank you.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 4
JWHK
Aspirant

Re: Unable to add satellite to Orbi (RBK53)

Additional info: I tried the method as suggested in one of the Community message streams, but it did not seem to work for me... That is: "disconnected one of the satellites that did work, then sync up the third (that did not work), then brought the 2nd one back online". Is it possibly because I am using RBK53 instead of RBK50? Or any setting I need to make on the router before connecting the 3rd satellite? Anyone please kindly advise the method to connect the 3rd satellite to Orbi router please. Thank you.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 2 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

You may want to contact support if the satellite will not connect with the normal method.

http://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

DarrenM

Message 3 of 4
Gonzo919
Aspirant

Did you ever get this solved? I have the same issue.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7