Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to connect to oauth.xfinity.com from wired or wireless connection using RBR50/AC3000

GaryN
Aspirant

Unable to connect to oauth.xfinity.com from wired or wireless connection using RBR50/AC3000

I have 1GB Xfinity internet with a "customer owned" setup using an ARRIS SURFboard SB8200 (not a router, just a modem) with a Netgear Orbi RBR50/AC3000 Router. 

If my phone is on WiFi, am not able to use the Xfinity Connect App to read email nor am I able to access my email using the PC's browser (MS Edge or Goodle Chrome) as the oauth.xfinity.com times out. 

As noted, I am not using an Xfinity modem/router so there should be no "two router" issue. 

This issue is fairly recent in my case. I have seen others that seem to have had this issue for a while. The Orbi firmware was updated recently as well, so I don't know if that's the cause or not. 

Is there a solution to this? 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
GaryN
Aspirant

Re: Unable to connect to oauth.xfinity.com from wired or wireless connection using RBR50/AC3000

It seems like it was a firewall issue. I clicked on "check firewall" frmo the browser and that seemed to fix it both for wired and wireless access to Xfinity. I'll have to wait and see if the problem returns or not.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Unable to connect to oauth.xfinity.com from wired or wireless connection using RBR50/AC3000

Also try disabling IPv6 on the RBR if it's enabled...

Does this happen with other browsers? 

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7