Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to enter isp details

Jiveimages
Follower

Unable to enter isp details

I have changed my internet service provider and need to enter the new credentials to connect to the internet.

I have opened a chrome browser on a PC that is connected to the Obi wifi network. I have no internet yet (because the Obi does not yet have the ISP credentials).

The manual tells me to connect to http://obilogin to access the modem settings page but that page does not open.

How do I get to the router settings?. 

Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Unable to enter isp details

Hmmm.  A "new one" for me.  A lot of ISP's these days are "automatic".  The Orbi does not need login credentials.

"modem settings" and "router settings" are different things.

If the PC is connected to the Orbi with WiFi, then the Orbi will translate "orbilogin.com" to the IP address of the Orbi.

If the PC is connected to the Orbi with an ethernet cable, then you need to figure out the IP address of the Orbi router and use that instead of "orbilogin.com".  I would open a "command window" (sometimes called a DOS Box) and type in

ipconfig /all

This will display the IP address of the gateway, which will be the Orbi router.

Message 2 of 3

Re: Unable to enter isp details

@Jiveimages wrote:

I have changed my internet service provider and need to enter the new credentials to connect to the internet.

When this happens you need to get the existing devices to forget their old settings. So, start with the modem, if there is one, that connects you to the Internet.

This is where you will first have to enter the details needed to connect to the Internet.

Disconnect the router before you work on the modem.

Once you have got the modem up and running, reset the router and take the network through the usual start up sequence:

• Turn off and unplug modem.
  • Turn off router and computers.
  • Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it connect.
  • Turn on computers and rest of network.

It is at this stage that you can get into the router to enter the new details.

You can get into the Orbi without the modem by disconnecting it from the modem and using the address

http://orbilogin.com

Do get the spelling right.

You can also try or or 192.168.1.1.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7