Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Unable to install RBS40V

mast3rof0
Initiate

Unable to install RBS40V

I have an RBR50 installed with three satellites. I recently purchased a new RBS40V-200 to replace one of my existing satellites but I cannot get it paired with the router. Since the RBR only supports three satellites, I went in through the UI and unpaired a satellite. If I try to pair using the phone app, it appears to find the satellite okay, but it never successfully pairs. I have also tried using the GUI without any luck. After trying to pair, it does show in the connected devices, but never as part of the mesh.

One additional thing that may be impacting this is one of teh current satellites is an RBS40V as well. So I donlt know if there is a limit on the number of voice satellites.

Thoughts?

Model: RBS40V|Orbi Voice Add-on WiFi Satellite and Smart Speaker
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
mast3rof0
Initiate

Found solution on  this thread

Turns out the 40V-200 is in extender mode by default. It needs to be converted to Orbi mode, but these details and instructions are not included with the  device.

Instructions can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
mast3rof0
Initiate

Found solution on  this thread

Turns out the 40V-200 is in extender mode by default. It needs to be converted to Orbi mode, but these details and instructions are not included with the  device.

Instructions can be found here

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

glad to hear you got it working. You answered your question before I could link/type a response 🙂

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7