Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to log on to website

dtv757
Aspirant

Unable to log on to website

Good Morning, 

Recently i have been unable to log into WWE.com via my orbi.  I get the the log in page but unable to press login via multiple browsers (chrome, edge, etc  using WIndows 10 or via browsers ipad and iphone) . On devices already logged in such as Xbox it just spins nothing happens. 

I have master reset the orbi RBR20 and reset my modem.   If i plug ethernet directly to cable modem or use my cell phone as a mobile hotspot I am able to log in and watch the content on WWE on mulitple devices no issues.  I even plugged in an older non netgear router and was able to log into wwe and view the videos.  

i tried the steps listed (https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-Blocking-Websites-Solved/td-p/1677125 ) but still unable to log in. 

any other suggestions or caused as to why this would occur??

after the master reset i made sure no content filtering or blocking was on . the only adjustment i made was the Netgear link above (Click on Service Type DropDown and Select HTTPS) which did not fix the issue. 

Thanks for any suggestions. 

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 18

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Unable to log on to website

So if this is happening with a non Orbi router, then there is something going on at the ISP service, ISP Modem or your PC/Device that needs to be looked into. This doesn't seem to be a Orbi or a non Orbi router issue. 

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 18

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too? Built in router here by chance? If so,

This would be a double NAT (two router) condition which isn't recommended. https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
https://kb.netgear.com/30187/How-to-fix-issues-with-Double-NAT
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge or modem only mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle,

Message 2 of 18
dtv757
Aspirant

The orbi is connected ethernet to a modem only device 

D3.1 Arris CM8200

i am not using armor, bitdefender or circle . 

checking the FW

Message 3 of 18
dtv757
Aspirant

Firmware on Orbi is V2.5.1.16

Message 4 of 18
FURRYe38
Guru

And you have the RBR connected to WAN #1 port on the modem? No Link Aggregation enabled on the modem? 

The orbi shouldn't be or won't be blocking any web sites if you have factory reset both modem and RBR and setup from scratch with out any Armor or Circle enabled on the RBR. You should have all access to all web sites. 

Be sure you clear out ALL browser caches first. Exit then relaunch the browser to the web site. 

Message 5 of 18
dtv757
Aspirant

Ethernet Link Aggregation  is NOT enabled/ checked. 

the Enable LAG box is NOT checked. 

Message 6 of 18
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 18
dtv757
Aspirant

photo from modem 

and im on port 2  port 1 is empty 

later i will unplug and try port 1  

Message 8 of 18
FURRYe38
Guru

You should be in port #1 now with the RBRs WAN port. 

Power OFF the modem and RBR. Switch ports to #1 on the modem, then power ON the modem and RBR. 

Message 9 of 18
dtv757
Aspirant

i will test again during off hours and report back , thanks for your assitance. 

Message 10 of 18
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 18
dtv757
Aspirant

i master reset the cable modem and switched to  port 1 and now a similar issue is occuring on my non orbi router. 

Message 12 of 18
dtv757
Aspirant

back on the orbi and same issues , tried the free trial of armor to see if it would help any and same issues 

Message 13 of 18
FURRYe38
Guru

So if this is happening with a non Orbi router, then there is something going on at the ISP service, ISP Modem or your PC/Device that needs to be looked into. This doesn't seem to be a Orbi or a non Orbi router issue. 

Message 14 of 18
dtv757
Aspirant

Thanks again for all your assitance , will continue to troubleshoot with ISP

Attached is the error messages i get on mobile device (already signed in)  when connected to home wifi. 

Message 15 of 18
dtv757
Aspirant

Atttached is the video working when using LTE

Message 16 of 18
dtv757
Aspirant

For now issue is resolved thanks again for your feedback . It just randomly started working yesterday.
Message 17 of 18
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad it started working. Be sure to always check ISP services and modem first.

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 18 of 18
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7