Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Unable to login to ORBI as Access Point

kdeemer
Tutor

Unable to login to ORBI as Access Point

I have set up my ORBI router in Access Point mode, connected to my existing router. I have one satellite and they appear to be working great. But since setting it to Access Point mode, I can no longer connect to orbilogin.com from any of my computers. I get the following messsage

You are not connected to your Orbi's WiFi network. To access orbilogin.com, your device must be connected to your Orbi's WiFi network. Check your current connection and try again.

I am connected to the network wirelessly via the ORBI access point and the funny thing is that I can connect just fine to Orbilogin.com from my iPad or iPhone. Neither a laptop that is wireless only, nor a desktop connected wirelessly, will connect to orbilogin.com. I wold lke to be able to administer the system from other than my phone or iPad. 

Please advise. Thanks.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 5

@kdeemer wrote:

I have set up my ORBI router in Access Point mode, connected to my existing router. I have one satellite and they appear to be working great. But since setting it to Access Point mode, I can no longer connect to orbilogin.com from any of my computers. I get the following messsage

You are not connected to your Orbi's WiFi network. To access orbilogin.com, your device must be connected to your Orbi's WiFi network. Check your current connection and try again.

I am connected to the network wirelessly via the ORBI access point and the funny thing is that I can connect just fine to Orbilogin.com from my iPad or iPhone. Neither a laptop that is wireless only, nor a desktop connected wirelessly, will connect to orbilogin.com. I wold lke to be able to administer the system from other than my phone or iPad. 

Please advise. Thanks.

hi

access your current routers gui and dhcp server client list

find what ip address the orbi router has and use that address to access the orbi router , you can do the same to access the orbi sat by typing in its allocated ip address

btw to make life easier you can reserve ip addresses for the orbi router and sat in your upstream router dhcp servers reserved section

'however i dont see much need to access the orbi router if its in AP mode as your upstream router is doing all the important stuff , what is the make and model of the upstream router

pete

Message 2 of 5
kdeemer
Tutor

Thanks, that was helpful. I need to access the router and satellites in order to update the firmware. I have the ORBI connected to an Actiontech router which is connected to my FIOS network. I had hoped that I could eliminate th Actiontech router and connect the ORBI directly. But I spent several hours and gave up. I even cloned the MAC address, the IP and DNS servers, but it wouldn't connect to the internet. 

Message 3 of 5
Phil_R
Initiate

I'm having the same trouble as noted above.  Hope some wizzard replies to us...thanks

Message 4 of 5
Chapzter
Tutor

I just purchased the Orbi today and set it up in AP mode with my nighthawk x6. I was able to access the Orbi and update the firmware how Pete mentioned. I just accessed my main router and looked at the attached devices for the Orbi (in my case RBR50). I also reserved the IP under LAN settings so it doesn't chsnge. I can access it one of 3 ways. When connected to my main router, just type in the IP I located from attached devices, if wifi device (PC, tab cell phone, etc.) is connected to Orbi wifi, just type http://orbilogin.com, or open netgear genie (I think you mentioned you could do that). I still haven't turned off the wifi on my x6 either. The orbi router and main router are 40ft apart in different rooms with cat6 running through the attic. Not sure if that's an issue, but I like the extra wifi connection for that side of the house for my google play devices, and I'm not experiencing any issues with 21 attached devices (PCs, Xbox, Tv's, Chromecast, NAS, etc.) This also allows me to access the main router via wifi and get to the Orbi settings using the IP I reserved or I can still get to it with my desktop PC that's hard wired to the main router.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7