Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to pair existing Circle with Disney device to Orbi RBR20

sandman80109
Follower

Unable to pair existing Circle with Disney device to Orbi RBR20

Prior to purchasing the Orbi RBR20 system, we owned a Circle with Disney device which was configured and working with our nighhawk router.  Unfortunately the Nighthawk router was not compatible with the Circle with Disney device, which prompted us to buy the Orbi device which had the Circle with Disney built in.  However, I didn't realize the built in Circle with Disney only included the basic features not the entire set of features the previous seperate Circle with Disney included.  I know want to pair the old Circle with Disney device to the Orbi router, but it won't let me.  Is anyone aware of an issue where because the Orbi has Circle with Disney built in it won't let another Circle with Disney device work with it?  I don't want to pay the monthly subscription when I've already got a device with all the features for no added cost.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Model: RBK22| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Unable to pair existing Circle with Disney device to Orbi RBR20

I would contact NG support for help and information about this. 

It's possibel that the two may not be pairable...something NG support will be able to tell you. 

Message 2 of 6
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @sandman80109

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

What is the error message when you try to connect Disney Circle device to the network? 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 3 of 6
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @sandman80109

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 4 of 6
Abenjey
Aspirant

We have an Obri RBK44 and also want to connect an existing Circle. We contacted NG support via chat and it took many clarifications for them to understand the question. They finally confirmed that per NG's understanding there are no known compatibility issues between our Obri RBK44 and an external Circle device. They also said we should contact Circle Support for setup help. Did anyone get a similar response for the RBR20? Was your issue ever resolved?
Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post about this here in the Circle forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Circle-Smart-Parental-Controls/bd-p/en-home-circle

Good Luck. 

@Abenjey wrote:
We have an Obri RBK44 and also want to connect an existing Circle. We contacted NG support via chat and it took many clarifications for them to understand the question. They finally confirmed that per NG's understanding there are no known compatibility issues between our Obri RBK44 and an external Circle device. They also said we should contact Circle Support for setup help. Did anyone get a similar response for the RBR20? Was your issue ever resolved?

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7