Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to ping Raspberry Pi connected to RBR50

Udom
Aspirant

Unable to ping Raspberry Pi connected to RBR50

Tried searching to see if anyone else was having this issue but couldn't find the same situation. I'm trying to setup Octoprint on my Raspberry Pi for 3d printing monitoring. I can connect to my WiFi router just  fine and use internet services on my Pi. Problem is, when I try to detect the Pi from my PC, it can't see it. I tried direct connecting the Pi to the Router via ethernet cable and it still can't see it. When I connect directly to the main router, it shows up just fine. Is there a setting on the Orbi I need to change that I'm unaware of? Thanks for any help.

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 5
st_shaw
Master

Re: Unable to ping Raspberry Pi connected to RBR50

Can you describe more clearly what gear you have and in what order it's wired up?  You refer to your "WiFi router" your "main router" and your Orbi.  I can't tell what you have going on, but it sounds like you have more than one router, which would cause the type of issue you describe.

If you are using Orbi behind another router, then you need to run Orbi in Access Point mode so all your devices are on the same network.

Message 2 of 5
Udom
Aspirant

Yes, that is correct. I have the main router from my service provider that runs through the house. Home is wires to each room. The Orbi is my wifi router that is connected to this router.
Message 3 of 5
st_shaw
Master

OK.  Then you should run Orbi in Access Point mode. If you do not run Orbi in Access Point mode, then devices connected to your main router will not be able to communicate with anything connected to your Orbi via wire or WiFi, which I believe is what you are seeing.

See page 79 of the manual. http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RBK50/Orbi_UM_EN.pdf

Message 4 of 5
Udom
Aspirant

Thanks for the info. Will try this out. Fingers crossed.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7