Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Unble to access Orbi RBR50 login as I do not have the login details

sicraze
Aspirant

Unble to access Orbi RBR50 login as I do not have the login details

Hi there. A little while back I purchased an Orbi RBK50 from eBay. Unfortunately I'm unable to access the router login as the previous owner has changed the password from the default setting 'password' and isn't replying to my emails. Is there any way I get access the router to change settings without this information? Many thanks. 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Wire connect a PC to the router and factory reset the router using the back push pin button. Hold it in until the top led turns on AMBER then let go. Power OFF the ISP modem for 30 seconds than back on. Wait for the WHITE led to slowly pulsate on top of the RBR, then log in to orbilogin.com using a web browser and walk thru the setup wizard. This time write down all important information for safe keeping later on.

@sicraze wrote:

Hi there. A little while back I purchased an Orbi RBK50 from eBay. Unfortunately I'm unable to access the router login as the previous owner has changed the password from the default setting 'password' and isn't replying to my emails. Is there any way I get access the router to change settings without this information? Many thanks. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Wire connect a PC to the router and factory reset the router using the back push pin button. Hold it in until the top led turns on AMBER then let go. Power OFF the ISP modem for 30 seconds than back on. Wait for the WHITE led to slowly pulsate on top of the RBR, then log in to orbilogin.com using a web browser and walk thru the setup wizard. This time write down all important information for safe keeping later on.

@sicraze wrote:

Message 2 of 4
sicraze
Aspirant

That's brilliant. All sorted now. Thanks so much for your help. Much appreciated. 

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements