Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unreasonable request from Netgear Support team

Rogerbluechip
Aspirant

Unreasonable request from Netgear Support team

I've been working with Netgear support to solve an issue where the Orbi app shows three devices as being "vulnerable" and tells me to update devices.  After spending multiple hours on the phone doing everything they asked, the can't find a solution.  Since I've only had this 10 months, I asked them to replace the product.  This is the request for 25 items of information from them..Clearly they just want me to go away.  I just want to make sure the community knows what may be asked of them if Netgear can't fix a problem:

NETGEAR Support

2020-10-27 16:38:07

Hi Roger, Good day! Below is the needed information for the escalation. 1. Current firmware or driver: 2. Other firmware versions tested: 3. Hardware version confirmed: 4. Device Serial Number 5. MAC address of the device 6. Problem description details: 7. Status for each LED light: (on/off/blinking/color) 8. Network diagram/Topology: (MUST provide a specific model/version of ALL devices and how they are connected) 9. Config file attached: (Yes/No. if no explain why) 10. Config file attached: It would be better if we include the firmware version. We could also rename the config file like "NETGEAR_D6400_". 11. Config's LAN IP, username, and password: 12. Desktop Genie/Genie app installed (Y/N): 13 Nighthawk app installed (Y/N): 14. Orbi app installed (Y/N): 15. Screenshot of “ADVANCED” homepage: 16. Screenshot of “Attached Devices” list: 17. Screenshot of “Show Statistics”: 18. Copy of router logs: 19. Current Android/iOS version: 20. Current Nighthawk/Orbi App version: 21. Screenshot of the error message: 22. Did customer try to uninstall and reinstall the app, what was the result: 23. Can the issue be reproduced in the browser using GUI? 24. Steps to reproduce the issue: 25. Did customer report issue to Nighthawk App team by shaking their device and filling out the required info: (Be sure to instruct the customer to use the same email as on file in CEP and reference case number) Let me know if you have any questions. Sincerely, Rose Netgear Support
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
fmalloy
Luminary

Re: Unreasonable request from Netgear Support team

Only 25 things? If you complete all that you should be paid by Netgear as a Certified Technician.

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

@Rogerbluechip wrote:

I've been working with Netgear support to solve an issue where the Orbi app shows three devices as being "vulnerable" and tells me to update devices.  After spending multiple hours on the phone doing everything they asked, the can't find a solution.  Since I've only had this 10 months, I asked them to replace the product.  This is the request for 25 items of information from them..Clearly they just want me to go away.  I just want to make sure the community knows what may be asked of them if Netgear can't fix a problem:

Is it correct to assume that you purcased extended support from Netgear?  (Orbi products come with only 90 days of "complimentary support")?

If it is not too personal, could you identify the type of devices that the Orbi app claims are "vulnerable"?  (Having never seen this message, I am a bit confused.)  i.e. is the app complaining about the Orbi devices themselves or some other devices on the network?

Is it correct to conclude that Bitdefender Armor is activated on this orbi system?

Message 3 of 6
Rogerbluechip
Aspirant

Yes, I have Bitdefender Armor installed on all devices.  The app doesn't indicate which items are vulnerable. . . . it only says "New Device Unknown".  No, I did not purchase the extended support.  I'll add screen shots.  Netgear has tried to solve this issue, I'll give them that.  But after two months of working on it, they are at square one.  I didn't get this security issue until they started updating firmware.

Thanks for your response.  I'm just frustrated that they can't fix it.

Message 4 of 6
Rogerbluechip
Aspirant

That's about what I was thinking.  So frustrated.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

So can you tell us what actual Mfr and model# devices that you have Armor installed on? 

This is something to post over in the Armor forum as well as that forum is dedicated to handling and support of Armor:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Armor/bd-p/en-home-armor

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7