Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unregister product - Orbi

91Dawg
Follower

Unregister product - Orbi

I recently sold my old Orbi system (RB22).  The new user went to activate and register NETGEAR Armor and received a message that the router is already registered to me.  When I log into my Netgear account, the device shows under my products.

How do I unregister the product from my account so they can use it fully?

Thank you in advance.

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Unregister product - Orbi

I have no clue "how" to do this.  What people have done in the past is contact one of the forum moderators, such as @Blanca_O with a private message (click on the link and it will take you to a page where you can create a private message).  Please do not post things like email addresses and serial numbers on the forum.  Those things are sort of "private".

Good Luck

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

I have no clue "how" to do this.  What people have done in the past is contact one of the forum moderators, such as @Blanca_O with a private message (click on the link and it will take you to a page where you can create a private message).  Please do not post things like email addresses and serial numbers on the forum.  Those things are sort of "private".

Good Luck

Message 2 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello 91Dawg,

Thank you for your message. I can certainly assist with this. May you send me a private message with your serial number and email address. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 3 of 4

@91Dawg wrote:

How do I unregister the product from my account so they can use it fully?

As you now know, divine intervention is the only answer.

In its wisdom, Netgear stopped allowing users to "unregister" their own devices a year or so ago.

It would be nice to know why they changed this.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7