Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Update firmware fail

Sisyphus13
Aspirant

Update firmware fail

Just purchased a RBK50. Current firmware on RBR50 and RBS50=1.8.0.6. Web orbilogin says no new firmware is available. Newly installed app on iPhone says "updated failed". Questions and statement:
1) Is this the latest stable firmware? So far the router and wifi seem stable.
2) Why does the new iPhone app (v1.5.26) say update failed? Are my units defective? or is the software just not very good.

3) Manually downloading the update seems to defeat the purpose of having a built in method of updating. Is the software just flakey?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Sisyphus13
Aspirant

Upgraded firmware on RBR50 and RBS50 from 1.8.xx to 2.0.0.74 without incident.  Orbi has been stable for two days and working well.  

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
st_shaw
Master

Latest is v2.0.0.74.

I would update to the latest, then see if you still have issues with the app.

Message 2 of 6
aaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I had the same issue when I first got my Orbi from costco, it was 1.8.x.x probably same as yours - auto update failed so I did the manual update. I have not seen it auto update yet but others on this board say that it works. 

I would just the the manual on your also - first satellites, and then the router.

Message 3 of 6
Sisyphus13
Aspirant

Thanks for the replies.  So the software may or may not work as designed?  For a model that has been out for over a year?  This does not bode well....

I may manually download the update at some point, but I am not encouraged by flakey/buggy software.

Message 4 of 6
st_shaw
Master

Mine has worked flawlessly since I bought it in January.

The old firmware did not auto update. That's a new feature. Your App is likely much newer than the old firmware on your Orbi.

Like I said. update to the latest firmware, then see if you have issues. Don't try to solve issues when you are running old firmware.

Message 5 of 6
Sisyphus13
Aspirant

Upgraded firmware on RBR50 and RBS50 from 1.8.xx to 2.0.0.74 without incident.  Orbi has been stable for two days and working well.  

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7