Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Update for ORBI RBR 40

Abdi_Me
Follower

Update for ORBI RBR 40

I received an email from Netgear that I need to d an upgrade.  The email says it's real easy and it also includes a video. Real nice. Except, that the software needs to sign in as an admin and once it goes to a browser it doesn't work, WHY? Because in the notes it indicates that it is not compatible with Safari and there is no possible way to change the default browser in an iPhone. (who was sleep when they came up with this idea?).

OK, after so much time spending on the net trying to find a solution (Because Netgear doesn't care about providing any to their customers) I was pointed to login to the router.net site, but the isuue here is that during the first instalation of the ORBI everything was done via an App in the iPhone and it never asked or suggested to setup a router.net account.  So this process also seems easy.  Go to the site, hit cancel and put the device serial number, Fine.  It then requests answers to security questions that I have never setup!!! and there is no way around this issue that Netgear designers have created. There are no phone numbers to call, nobody to chat. But Yes they are available if you want to dish out $100.  This is a real nice trick.  Creat a problem people can't solve and make them pay the company to resolve the issue. So long story short, my App is not working, the update is not done (I don't think I even want to update with the horror stories I read about othe Netgear updates).   But if anybody can figure this thing out, I would appreciate the help. Thanks

Message 1 of 2

Re: Update for ORBI RBR 40

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Nighthawk WiFi Routers. Your devices is an Orbi router. You might get better replies, and find other answers, over in the appropriate section:

Orbi - NETGEAR Communities

@Abdi_Me wrote:

OK, after so much time spending on the net trying to find a solution (Because Netgear doesn't care about providing any to their customers) I was pointed to login to the router.net site, but the isuue here is that during the first instalation of the ORBI everything was done via an App in the iPhone and it never asked or suggested to setup a router.net account.

The "router.net site" is just the way into the local controls for your Orbi. It is really just the GUI (Graphical User Interface) rather than some place out on the internet.

The app should still allow you to update the firmware, but you might like to look at the manual.

There is a manual for the Orbi WiFi System somewhere at the end of this link:

>>>> Orbi RBK50 | WiFi System | NETGEAR Support <<<<

Check the section Update the Router and Satellite Firmware

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7