Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Updated orbi satellite and app, can’t log in now incorrect password

Gt88888
Follower

Updated orbi satellite and app, can’t log in now incorrect password

Title says it all. Also doesn't recognise in on the network even when I'm connected the WiFi now!

Message 1 of 3
vajim
Master

Re: Updated orbi satellite and app, can’t log in now incorrect password

need more info

orbi model

firmware

login using the pc

Message 2 of 3
joejoethedog
Tutor

Re: Updated orbi satellite and app, can’t log in now incorrect password

@Gt88888 wrote:

Title says it all. Also doesn't recognise in on the network even when I'm connected the WiFi now!

Just ran into this problem after installing the latest firmware update.

There are *2* accounts/passwords that are associated with your Orbi.  The one with your email address is the Netgear/cloud account, and the "admin" one is for the local router only.  Again, same problem happened to me.  After the update, the Orbi app is asking again for the admin/local password, so it can link it to your Netgear/cloud account again.  If you set this password when you first installed the Orbi, then you need to find that password.  If you did not set it, it is probably still "password", which you should change but hold off on that until you get connected again!

I had trouble with my password filler app, so I ended up typing in the admin password by hand to finally get back in. 

Also, try logging in through a web browser.  IF oyu can get in through there, you can also change the admin password in that interface: https://kb.netgear.com/31014/How-do-I-change-my-Orbi-admin-login-password

-Joe

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7