Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Updating firmware 2.0.0.74 completely broke my Orbi

Bennksy
Aspirant

Updating firmware 2.0.0.74 completely broke my Orbi

After attempting to upgrade to 2.0.0.74, my Orbi router got stuck with the solid white LED ring and the two satellite units got stuck with solid magenta LED rings for 4 hours and counting. Needless to say, the corresponding wireless network is nowhere to be found. 

Please, how do I fix this?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 6
JustMakeItWork
Apprentice

Re: Updating firmware 2.0.0.74 completely broke my Orbi

Factory reset everything and bring them all into close proximity so they will find each other again. This will help with them being able to communicate again. However, the issue with disconnection is very prevalent with .74 - it's a complete cluster. While your router and satellites will see each other, you will encounter periods where suddenly they just decide that they don't want wireless devices to connect to the Internet anymore. There is no known fix for that part. We're just waiting on Netgear to acknowledge the issue and provide a fix.

Message 2 of 6
ztevie
Guide

Too bad... This system would be on top of my shopping list of not for threads like this. It gets great reviews for speed and range, but to have problems like this persist and for some of you even getting worse with the latest firmware really sucks. But the worst thing is that Netgear people isn't acknowledging the problem? You'd think they'd be all over the place here saying they're working on a fix and assure customers they care. At least they should offer free extended support for more than 90 days when people experience such major problems?
Message 3 of 6
Bennksy
Aspirant

Since this issue is caused by their Netgear's firmware, how do I contact support with paying for the premium support? I've tried everything suggested here and still nothing works. 

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 4 of 6
riznick
Initiate

Last month I tried and it looked like I had to pay for premium support.  I left a bad review and this is the response.  hmm..  Maybe I missed something.

Netgear says:
All NETGEAR products come with a 1 year hardware replacement warranty, and if your Orbi is defective or has failed NETGEAR Support will be happy to help you with this, and issue an RMA replacement if necessary. You can contact NETGEAR Support by going to support.netgear.com and follow the onscreen instructions. Once you’ve registered your product you will be given the options of contacting Support through Phone, Chat, or email.

Message 5 of 6
Bennksy
Aspirant

I was able to speak to a rep calling their regular support number and initiate the RMA process. We will see how it goes from here. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7