Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Upgrade to Orbi firmware V3? Automatic Updates?

wonderbliss
Guide

Upgrade to Orbi firmware V3? Automatic Updates?

I understand that there is now a V3 of Orbi firmware. But when I go to up Firmware Update, it updates me only to V2.5.1.8. How do I get to V3?

Also, how do I set up for automatic updates? Netgear support page says to go to Advanced > Security > Schedule, then from there to make sure that I've got my right time zone set.

First of all, how does setting my time zone set automatic updates? Second of all, the only thing I can do under Schedule is set when to block websites! It seems to be that there has to be a checkbox somewhere for me to choose automatic updates, but Orbi help pages aren't telling how to do that, and navigating around orbilogin.com, I see no way to set it up anywhere.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Upgrade to Orbi firmware V3? Automatic Updates?

why do you want to upgrade?

Message 2 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Only current version for Orbi 50 series is v2.5.1.8.

Where are you getting there is a v3.x.x.x version? 

@wonderbliss wrote:

I understand that there is now a V3 of Orbi firmware. But when I go to up Firmware Update, it updates me only to V2.5.1.8. How do I get to V3?

Also, how do I set up for automatic updates? Netgear support page says to go to Advanced > Security > Schedule, then from there to make sure that I've got my right time zone set.

First of all, how does setting my time zone set automatic updates? Second of all, the only thing I can do under Schedule is set when to block websites! It seems to be that there has to be a checkbox somewhere for me to choose automatic updates, but Orbi help pages aren't telling how to do that, and navigating around orbilogin.com, I see no way to set it up anywhere.

Message 3 of 6
wonderbliss
Guide

Thank you for that confirmation - I read a support article wrong. It was for another Orbi system.

Message 4 of 6
wonderbliss
Guide

I am trying to troubleshoot why my guest network suddenly stopped working. 

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7