Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Upgraded firmware on Orbi RBR20 and it made me change password, but satellite password remains same

jonahlee
Follower

Upgraded firmware on Orbi RBR20 and it made me change password, but satellite password remains same

So I have already seen a post on this, but it is closed. I was having trouble with my Oribi RBR20 and RBS20 connecting. The Sattelite was not connected, so I was getting slower speeds because I was far away from the base. I realized that I there was new firmware to version V2.3.0.28 and I upgrade my satelite and then upgraded my router. The new router firimware said that my password hadn't been saved in a protected format so I should change it. I did, I upgrade the password on my RBR20 easy peasy. The problem is that satelite still has the old password. If I log into my satelite using it's IP address it gives me the prompt for the user name and password and it is the old user name and password, and I see no way to update the password on the sattelite.

I was hoping that the new password would migrate down from the RBR20, but it has not. And yet the sattelite is connected and working.

In the previous post DarrenM a Netgear Moderator said he would check into this, but the post was closed and locked and I never saw an answer. Is there a way that I can update the password on my Satellite without wiping it and starting over?

Also there is no way for me to chose RBR20 for my model in the Model section.

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Upgraded firmware on Orbi RBR20 and it made me change password, but satellite password remains s

I would factory reset the satellite. Press in on the reset button until the top led light turns on AMBER, then let go. Wait for the top led to pulsate WHITE. Press the black sync button in back of the RBR then do the same on the satellite. The sync should begin and hopefully BLUE will be seen on the top of the satellite. 

Message 2 of 3
ekhalil
Master

Re: Upgraded firmware on Orbi RBR20 and it made me change password, but satellite password remains s

Likely you had a bad connection between the Router and Satellite when you changed the password, and this caused the discrepancy between the nodes.
- You should be able to sync the passwords by factory resetting the Satellite then syncing it with the Router. You will not loose any configiration by factory resetting the Satellite.
- Otherwise if you don’t want to factory reset the Satellite, you can also set the password in the Satellite by telneting to the Satellite and then set the password. Please let me know if you want to do it this way and you want the command to do that. 🙂
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7