Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Upgrading to 400Mbps internet service--do I need to upgrade RBK33 Orbi unit?

darrix12
Aspirant

Upgrading to 400Mbps internet service--do I need to upgrade RBK33 Orbi unit?

Hi, I'm upgrading my internet service from 200Mbps to 400Mbps.  I have the RBK33 currently--can it handle the 400Mbps service or do I need to upgrade?  If I do need to upgrade, what model makes the most sense, and am I able to just replace the router and have the satellites continue to work?

Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Upgrading to 400Mbps internet service--do I need to upgrade RBK33 Orbi unit?

My guess is, "No. There is no pressing need to upgrade."

If you want to upgrade, the existing satellites will integrate with a more expensive router in the residential Orbi product line.

(Not any of the Orbi Pro or Orbi AX routers.)  Good luck, however, in finding an Orbi router to purchase by itself.

Fortunately, you will learn soon enough how the increase in internet connection speed works out.

Message 2 of 4
darrix12
Aspirant

Re: Upgrading to 400Mbps internet service--do I need to upgrade RBK33 Orbi unit?

Thanks much for your input--

Message 3 of 4

One thing you may have to do is to reconfigure the Orbi for the new Internet service. If it is working OK, great. But sometimes it is necessary to reset the router to get it to play nicely with the Internet.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7