Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Upload and download speeds doesnt exceed 9.5 Mbps after RBK53 firmware upgrade to 2.3.0.32

HannoosH
Aspirant

Upload and download speeds doesnt exceed 9.5 Mbps after RBK53 firmware upgrade to 2.3.0.32

I just have the ORBI RBK 53 from few days and was working fine. I found out about the firmware 2.3.0.32 and that it is resolving alot of problems.

As soon as I upgraded the firmware to 2.3.0.32, the upload and download speeds of the ORBI is not exceeding the 9.5 Mbps although my subscription is 50 Mbps and was working fine before the firmware upgrade. and this is using Wifi or wired ...

I tried alot of changes on the settings and restored factory settings but no results .

I opened a ticket with the support and worked with me for almost 40 minutes and still the problem persisted . They requested changes and told me it take few hours to take effect and to continue with them after 24 hours if the problem persist which something I dont get . ( i hope they can provide a solution today)

Does any one faced similar issues, is there a way to downgrade to the previous firmware ?

I am really frustrated as it is just newly bought, If the problem persist for another day, most probably I will return it back .

Apperciate any support here or recommendations to resolve the issue

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 8
Chuck_M
Mentor

Re: Upload and download speeds doesnt exceed 9.5 Mbps after RBK53 firmware upgrade to 2.3.0.32

Have you rebooted your modem from a POWER OFF state since upgrade?

Message 2 of 8
HannoosH
Aspirant

Yes. Several times
Message 3 of 8
Chuck_M
Mentor

A couple of questions:

• What equipment is the orbi plugged into (make/model)
  • Can you post a screen grab of the ADVANCED ! ADVANCED SETUP ! WIRELESS SETTINGS page of your GUI?
  • What kind of wired/wireless devices are connecting? (Type and how many)
Message 4 of 8
HannoosH
Aspirant

Unfortunately i am now away from the router and seems the remote management is not working or off . But just to highlight i done the test of speed using my laptop only connected to ORBI with no other devices. Also i done the speed test using orbi app which is on my iphone x ( only connected).
Done the same with my old router and speed was normal.
Generaly i have 10 devices 8 wireless and 2 wired.
Wireless are samsung mobiles. Iphones and ipads. Fire tv.
Wired are Amcrest dvr and my old huawei router
Message 5 of 8
Chuck_M
Mentor

@HannoosH wrote:

Wired are Amcrest dvr and my old huawei router

This may be part of the issue... 

Are you running Orbi in AP mode?  

If not, is that router before or after Orbi in the architecture?

Message 6 of 8
HannoosH
Aspirant

The router is after ORBI in the archtecture.

As highlighted before, I tested the speed without anything connected to ORBI .

Router is taking the internet services from ORBI

Message 7 of 8
HannoosH
Aspirant

I tried to change alot of parameters and retuned back then unplug the ORBI and SAT for 10 minutes from power and replug it to power and make it on.

The problem disappeared and returned to normal speed.

I dont know what solved the issue . I will  update the forum if the problem returned 

Model: RBK33| Orbi Plug-In WiFi System
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7