Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Upload is limited

plywoodpeople
Aspirant

Upload is limited

Hi all, Looking for some help. Context of my set-up:

I run a small co-working space. We have the RBR50 with two satellites. We have ATT fiber with 150mbps speed - which tends to run pretty well. I have everything up and running, BUT I am not a IT person. The company I work for is really small, so I tend to know the most - due to research, forums, etc. 

Issue at hand:

One of my customers keeps having a problem when trying to upload files over 252mb to dropbox. They get a network error everytime and the upload stops.

I'm curious if there is a way around this. Is there a setting I am unaware of?

Any help would be great! Thank you!

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 10
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Upload is limited

@plywoodpeople wrote:

Issue at hand:

One of my customers keeps having a problem when trying to upload files over 252mb to dropbox. They get a network error everytime and the upload stops.

It would be really helpful to see the actual error message.

What DropBox client is being used?  (Windows app?  Web browser interface?)

Message 2 of 10
plywoodpeople
Aspirant

Thank you. This is what the customer sent me when trying to download a 16gb the file via chrome. It also happens when uploading. 

Message 3 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Are they uploading files over a wireless or wired connection? Wired would be more stable. 

@plywoodpeople wrote:

Hi all, Looking for some help. Context of my set-up:

I run a small co-working space. We have the RBR50 with two satellites. We have ATT fiber with 150mbps speed - which tends to run pretty well. I have everything up and running, BUT I am not a IT person. The company I work for is really small, so I tend to know the most - due to research, forums, etc. 

Issue at hand:

I'm curious if there is a way around this. Is there a setting I am unaware of?

Any help would be great! Thank you!

Message 4 of 10
plywoodpeople
Aspirant

To Clarify, in my first message, I meant anything around 25mb (not 252).

Message 5 of 10
plywoodpeople
Aspirant

They only have the option to do so wirelessly right now. 

Message 6 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Are they connected to a RBS or the RBR when uploading? 

Does with happen with other PCs or laptops? 

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

Message 7 of 10
plywoodpeople
Aspirant

@FURRYe38 

I'm not sure how to find this information

Laptops

V2.5.1.16

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Silicom model: att-v150

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

about 30-50ft

Message 8 of 10
CrimpOn
Guru

@plywoodpeople wrote:

Thank you. This is what the customer sent me when trying to download a 16gb the file via chrome. It also happens when uploading. 

Thanks for posting the error message.  Sort of "not very helpful" is it?  (As in giving absolutely no hint at what happened.)

I am confused about the file size. (OK. not 252mb, but 16GB?)  When I searched for "DropBox upload fails", I got many hits about:

• The web interface having lower capacity than the Desktop Client application.
  • The web interface having a limit of 3,000 files.
  • There being a limit on storage that takes into account any files "shared" by another DropBox user.

One way to approach this is to attempt to duplicate the problem on a different computer with a different DropBox account.  I believe that DropBox offers "free" accounts of 2GB: https://www.dropbox.com/basic 

Open a free account and then use a different computer to upload files of increasing size until it fails.

Message 9 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

You can log in to the RBS web page to see connected clients there. Use the IP address given from the RBR to access the RBS web page. 

Can't find any information on the ISP modem. Do you know if the modem has a built in router and wifi?

@plywoodpeople wrote:

I'm not sure how to find this information

Laptops

V2.5.1.16

Silicom model: att-v150

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

about 30-50ft

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7