Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Using Circle to block IP range & two letter country code domains (e.g., *.tv)

JGold
Tutor

Using Circle to block IP range & two letter country code domains (e.g., *.tv)

I'm using Circle for parental controls on my Orbi network. I want to block a range of IP addresses as well as *.tv (specifically, twitch.tv, but there are other domains which use 2 letter country code top level domains that I'd like to block also). I don't know if the IP range in question comes from a hidden VPN on one of the kids' phones, but I want to block first ask questions later.

I can't figure out how to do either through the Circle app or through the Orbi admin UI (192.168.1.1).

I can't block all VPN's because we get our cell coverage through wi-fi calling at our home which uses a VPN, and blocking the entire social media category is too broad.

Thanks,

Jon

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Using Circle to block IP range & two letter country code domains (e.g., *.tv)

@JGold wrote:

I'm using Circle for parental controls on my Orbi network. I want to block a range of IP addresses as well as *.tv (specifically, twitch.tv, but there are other domains which use 2 letter country code top level domains that I'd like to block also). I don't know if the IP range in question comes from a hidden VPN on one of the kids' phones, but I want to block first ask questions later.

I can't figure out how to do either through the Circle app or through the Orbi admin UI (192.168.1.1).

My impression is that most of us who participate regularly in this Orbi forum have little experience with Disney Circle.

You are much more likely to get a useful response by posting in the forum specifically devoted to Circle:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Circle-Smart-Parental-Controls/bd-p/en-home-circle

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7